Monday, December 17, 2012

Long Table Christmas Dinner

You might have read about the plans for my "Long Table Christmas Dinner" (mum's only).

What a night: champagne, cheese plates, groaning antipasto platters, white wine, dips, chicken and asparagus terrine, quiche, red wine, stuffed eggs, champagne, chicken and potatoes baked in wine and herbs, leafy salads, white wine, yummy spinach and feta pie with smokey tomato chutney, red wine, extra creamy potato bake, more wine, triple chocolate and sour cherry brownies, ice-cream cake, caramel tart and to-die-for coffee cheesecake.

It was so much fun!

Sorry there are no pictures at night, I have dropped my camera one too many times and the night time photos have been the first to suffer. But picture if you will: a 'twinkle light fairyland'. The back yard was lit only by fairy lights, twists of rope lights and lots of candles, the candles were spilling through into the house and dimly lit kitchen on the table, on coffee table and side tables and on the sideboard. Music and laughter filled the perfect summers evening.

I think I might have started something here.

I hope so:)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a wonderful evening. I bet it will become an annual event! The table looks great, food sounded yummy and fairy lights..love fairy lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing and I bet all your mum friends relished the ME time that this night offered. I reckon you should definitely make it an annual thing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladies, yes there was a lot of excitement to be out for the night - with no kids! As for an annual event? I don't think anyone can wait that long, yesterday at a birthday party, one of my friends was talking about doing something similar at her place in January! Yay!

      xo

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I decided to move to the other end of the country, remind me who's idea that was please!! So wish I was there, it looks so pretty and sounds so perfect. Oh to be entertaining again, you must have just loved it ever so much...Your decor, just right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't I tell you, you'd be missing out!!

      Don't worry, I have frozen some of the leftover triple chocolate and sour cherry brownies for you. xo

      Delete
    2. Good, I was going to ask you for the recipe!

      Delete
    3. I will post it up on jelly peaches and ice-cream one of these days, I would just like to cook it again (any excuse)I think it needs a little more time in my oven then on the original recipe, while it tastes delicious, it's hard to cut and doesn't look very pretty on the plate.

      xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...