Monday, September 10, 2012

We begin again ...




When I wrote my last post, I did not know what was to come in 2012. I had wanted to take a break, not necessarily from blogging, but from the computer. It had become a bit of a time waster.

I had wanted to spend more quality time with my children:  

doing, making, being

And in my home:

doing, making, being

But 2012 has not been the slow and simple year that I was so desperately yearning for. Instead my life, kind of, turned upside-down-and-inside-out, on so many levels, it's exhausting just thinking about it.




Despite this, during the craziest of days, I found that I missed this space. Sometimes there would be:

a moment, a thought, a discovery

That I would have liked to have shared.



It was only last week that I returned to the pages of Monkeemoomoo for the first time in seven months. While making some adjustments (a WIP) I saw my blog with new eyes and remembered the main reason that I started blogging in the first place.

It was to find the beauty and joy in every day

It was so the small details of every day would not go unnoticed or be overshadowed by the big life events, the sometimes, 'not so great' life events. I realised at once, that I had missed so much of 2012 by focusing on the bad. It is time to refocus.



I also had a chance to sit down and catch up on my blog reading. It had been a while. I really think the world is a better place because of the blogging community. Don't you?

Because of you, fellow bloggers, I have discovered wonderful handmade products, books, movies, music, shops and places. I have cooked delicious new recipes and I have crafted things. Yes? me! Until 3 years ago, I hadn't crafted since I was 10 years old!

Because of you, I felt I could do anything. 

There is great wisdom to be found.

There is great inspiration.

Maybe I, could inspire someone? or perhaps brighten your day. I know that sometimes reading about an op shop find, freshly baked cookies or a just finished craft project, makes me smile.



Beauty can be found in the simplest things.

So, a tad gingerly, I return to this space. I'm not promising anything. I will be here when I can be, prattling on about anything that comes to mind.

I hope to see you here sometimes too.

(These photos are of a holiday the kids took with Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa to Kingscliff, earlier in the year.)

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It's so lovely to 'see' you again. I love the blogging world too! Those photos are fantastic. Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That driftwood shelter is just amazing. Yes, yes, I agree with everything you have written. The computer can be a time suck and I have to monitor my use of it, especially when the kids are around, but the blogworld brings me much happiness and inspiration, and my own blog reminds me of my achievements and happy family times. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome back ladies. And thanks for taking the time to comment:)

      Honestly, I wasn't sure if anybody would still be reading this space.

      Delete
  3. Lovely...Just Lovely, I knew you'd be back and it looks like your heart and soul are with you... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Mrs Gooseberry:)

      It was you that recently reminded me of 'the beauty in every day.'Do you remember?

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you're back. You have an important message. You remind me to stop, breathe, and find beauty everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely to see you you are back - I too find that blogging just opens my eyes up to the beauty in the everyday and gets me excited about stuff in a way that I possibly wouldn't so much if I wasn't sharing it with other like minded people. Enjoyed all your holiday pics- makes me want to go on an aussie adventure with our kids some day- we travelled from Cairns to Melbourne once pre kids and it was such a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...