Monday, February 21, 2011

Six - the boy


 Oh my baby boy, how did you get so old and wise, so fast?

Spunky Monkey : A time capsule of sorts for my little/big boy.

• I love your independent spirit

• The first thing you do in the morning is go outside, just to have a look around for a few minutes. You look to see what plants have grown or if it is going to rain today. Your Poppy also does this.

• I love the mischievous look on your face when you are scheming to trick someone. The twinkle in your eye and your cheeky grin

• I love the way you rub your hands together, like a mad scientist, whenever you have a great idea for something. Or the way you tap your fingers when you are thinking.

• I don't love, that you want to put tomato sauce on everything

• As a toddler you drank heaps of milk, now you drink none

• I love the depth of the questions that you ask me, even though, I can never answer them

• All you ever want to eat for dinner is tacos and sausages

• You don't like to eat potatoes, but love sweet potatoes, which you call golden potatoes

• You like your Meccano, Lego, K-Nex and Mobilo, but you have much more fun with a recycled cardboard box and a roll of sticky tape. You love craft.

• You always have a least four plastic containers filled with bugs, worms, spiders, etc in the house

• You love volcano's and bones

• I love to sit and eat taramosalata with a fresh baguette and you. Just us.

• You have recently discovered Milo and would have four cups a day if I let you

• I love your sense of humour. You make me laugh so much. Very left field.

• You love to go with your Daddy to collect junk (wood, pipes, etc) from the building sites near our house

• You need to be outside. You need to collect. You are my nature boy.

• I love your sleepy eyes

• You really wanted your very own drill for your sixth birthday.

• It is fascinating to watch you, when your mind is ticking over, a hundred miles a minute, thinking, processing, wondering. I cannot keep up.

• Most of all I love your beautiful kisses and big bear hugs

Happy Birthday my Angel. You are my spirited child, a special gift. I am so grateful for you, every single day.

5 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous at 6. I love this shot of him and all his teddies snuggled up. Happy birthday!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful celebration memories!
    happy birthday to your spunkey monkey.

    I call my daughter that too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweeeeeet.... these are the things that photos don't capture and your memory forgets. I wonder if many things will change when he turns 7 or 8 or even 40!!! I think you'll be copying and pasting a lot of things off this list for many years to come...:) Happy Birthday Spunky Monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo much love in one message :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. There is alot to love there, you should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...