Monday, November 29, 2010

At my house....









Yesterday, we had a bbq lunch at home, Dad, Tiya Ning, Berry, Poppy Don, us and the kids. Mr Moo had requested a potato salad I hadn't made in a while. I dug out the recipe and that's what Miss Moo Moo and I were making when Spunky Monkey came into the kitchen. He wanted to make his own potato salad, he went into the garden and picked some fresh herbs and them came back in and took a potato for his salad. Once I realized that his potato salad was going to taste really good, I passed over half of the cooked potatoes, suggesting that we make two different potato salads, for everyone to share.



This is what went into Spunky Monkey's potato salad:

• parsley, picked and chopped by him
• basil, picked by him, the leaves torn or left whole, his choice
• garlic, chopped by him, chopped finer by me
• boiled potatoes
• sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped by him, roasted by me
• lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, all added by him, after asking, "Mum, what else do you think?"

It was nice to know my opinion counted.






Everyone loved the salad made by my little masterchef. However there were also requests for my potato salad recipe.

Tiya Ning and Berry, you are not the first people to ask for this recipe. I thought I'd better share it.

Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Mustard Dressing

Serves 4-6

• 1 kilo new potatoes (halved and cooked)


for the dressing:

 

• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 1/4 tables. dijon mustard

• 2 anchovies (finely chopped)

• 1 clove garlic (finely diced)
• 2 tables. parsley (finely chopped)

• 1/2 tables. capers (rinsed and roughly chopped)

• salt and pepper

 

• extra parsley for garnish (finely chopped)

In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Gently fold through the potatoes and sprinkle over the extra parsley.

Cooks tip: I would add the dressing to the potatoes, not the potatoes to the dressing, as this may be to much dressing. It has been a while since I have made this dish and yesterday, Spunky Monkey took half of my potatoes, so I could not re-check the quantities.

I hope you are sharing some summer love in your kitchen too.

Go over to Buttons by Lou Lou to see what's been happening at other people's houses.

6 comments:

  1. Yum! What great little helpers you have there & clever too, a chef in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound delicious for different reasons. What a lovely creative little masterchef you have - you will need to maintain that interest and it won't be long before you can pass over some regular family meals! Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookout masterchef 2011 - he may be the youngest one yet ! How gorgeous is this, that he chose to want to make his own salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to have a happy little helper like that, the recipes sounds jummie but I have to wait for the summer because with this freezing weather over here bbq and patato salads have to wait a little ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute little helper...and the potato salad looks wonderful

    :-)

    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All it needs now is a handful of Rocket!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...